7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 06-07-2017, 02:12 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
MY top 5 gripes about the CX-3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7Iu56I-sNs

Probably a boring video for existing CX-3 owners but for the rest I hope this was informative! I know most of you are probably wondering why the arm rest wasn't on the list - me too! To be honest, I(or my right arm) don't even miss it

Lets add each other on Instagram. My IG: Aesthetic_Detailing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 06-07-2017, 07:57 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 255 Post(s)
Garage
Cool video! Definitely the road/engine noise is a major gripe for me.
TiGrayMSM, mainemanx and db0mbase like this.

2016 Mazda CX-3 GT in Deep Crystal Blue on Parchment
post #3 of 13 Old 06-09-2017, 11:45 PM

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
I don't agree with any of that, except the lack of storage.
Vipre77 and st3v3cx-3 like this.

post #4 of 13 Old 06-10-2017, 06:38 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toller View Post
I don't agree with any of that, except the lack of storage.
Me either. I'm not sure what to say about the engine noise complaint. Press the go button, it makes noise. Press it more, it makes more noise. I like the engine noise, personally, at least up until around 5K RPM. After that, this little engine starts sounding like it's out of breath. I'm guessing the stock intake is a bit too restrictive at high RPM. Like every car with a gas engine and no CVT, when you press the gas pedal it gets louder as the revs increase. I do agree that the sound deadening on this car could be better, but my only complaint with that is the road/wind noise, not the engine. I feel like people that complain about engine noise should have bought an electric car.
st3v3cx-3 likes this.

His: 2016 CX-3 Touring, AWD, Ceramic Silver
Hers: 2016 CX-5 Sport, FWD, Reflex Blue
post #5 of 13 Old 06-11-2017, 12:19 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Hmmm ... I have a JDM "Bonnet Insulator" sitting in my father-in-law's house, just outside Tokyo.
Hopefully, I won't have to cut it into too many pieces to fit it into our largest suitcase

Amazingly: new part, delivered in a huge box to their door ... two days after ordering ... $30 shipping included!

2017 CX-3 GT, AWD, i-ActiveSense, Ceramic Metallic, Black ... His: Zoom, Zoom!
2016 HR-V EX-L, AWD, Milano Red, Black ... Hers: Putt, Putt.
post #6 of 13 Old 06-12-2017, 03:30 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 255 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipre77 View Post
I do agree that the sound deadening on this car could be better, but my only complaint with that is the road/wind noise, not the engine. I feel like people that complain about engine noise should have bought an electric car.
"could be better" is a major understatement, there's virtually zero sound deadening. As for the engine noise, there's no problem with a nice engine note that comes into the cabin of many other cars, but this thing is too damn loud and coarse. It's basically all bark and no bite.

2016 Mazda CX-3 GT in Deep Crystal Blue on Parchment
post #7 of 13 Old 06-12-2017, 06:15 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 190 Post(s)
I don't find the CX3 excessively loud. Sound deadening is heavy. That added weight would only comprise what performance it has. The CX3 is one of the most efficient, quickest and lightest in its class.
Vipre77 likes this.

2016 CX3 GT w/ i-Activesense. Black on Parchment and lovin it!
post #8 of 13 Old 06-12-2017, 07:49 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Absolutely agree about the iPhone playlist - play one song and then have to go all the way back to the beginning to pick one more song. There's probably a way around it but I haven't found it. In the meantime, I mainly listen to Pandora where I can pick a genre and then just skip to the next song if I don't like what I'm hearing.

As for wind noise - I don't know what the guy is talking about. Ditto engine noise and honestly, who cares about the blinker sound? My wife has a Mini Clubman and it has loudest most annoying turn signal as well as an incredibly obnoxious sound if a seatbelt is not buckled (not that I don't buckle but it also goes off if you put a bag of groceries weighing more than a pound on the passenger's seat).
post #9 of 13 Old 06-12-2017, 08:39 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
"Bonnet insulation" thoughts:
– Apparently intended for the diesel CX-3, it appears to be the same material used in the new CX-5 (that a friend just bought).
– Very light weight, don't expect it to do much, may just use it as a pattern for some domestic material.
– Hood ... oops, bonnet ... is already quite heavy ... won't be able to apply as much mass as needed to really dampen the racket. OK, it's not "that" bad :--)

P.S. Just left the "no pictures allowed" final assembly portion of the Hiroshima plant ... amazed they intermix CX-3's and CX-5's ... in every color and trim … including Mazda's version of the ol’ Fiat 124.

P.P.S. Despite, or maybe because of, their troubled history/stuggle, very small and very proud organization.

"We don't build cars ... (drumroll) ... We build Mazdas!"

"Oh, and did we mention we won Le Mans in '91? Our car was so fast the F.I.A. outlawed it the following year."

2017 CX-3 GT, AWD, i-ActiveSense, Ceramic Metallic, Black ... His: Zoom, Zoom!
2016 HR-V EX-L, AWD, Milano Red, Black ... Hers: Putt, Putt.

Last edited by mainemanx; 06-13-2017 at 01:08 PM.
post #10 of 13 Old 06-13-2017, 01:16 AM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
I don't have 5 things I hate but I do have a couple. Don't like the fact that the radio starts playing when I start the car. Sometimes I just don't want the radio on till I'm ready to hear something and I also don't want to have to press the mute button to "turn the radio off" (even though really it isn't off just the volume is muted). When I want music I'll turn the radio on myself thank you.

I sometimes have to move the car off my driveway so I can bring out my Z06 or Shelby to drive and I hate starting the car just to pull it off the driveway onto the street and shutting it off again so I like rolling it down to the street and park it there. On this car it's a friggin' production, can't move the shifter from park unless I press the start button (without my foot on the brake...............in essence turning the car on and getting the whole light show on the dash etc etc.) so I have to resort to pulling that stupid little cover on the console and pressing the button inside so I can put it in neutral and rolling the car down to the street. I made a special plastic tool so I can access that cover without scratching the crap out of the console plate when I have to do this.

Related to the shifter I also don't like the fact that the radio doesn't shut off (and the NAV screen stays on) if I don't put the shifter into park before shutting the car off via the start button. If it's in neutral and I shut the car off the radio keeps playing with the screen and there's no way for me to shut it off unless again I cycle the start button, put shifter in park then press button again to turn off the radio and screen.

Last thing is I wish the key in the fob is easier to get at. If I just want to go to the car to get something I really don't want to press the fob button and have the signal lights flash so I can open the door to get in. The key isn't really easy to get at in the fob. I wonder over the life of the car how long those bulbs last if they always flash every time you need to lock and unlock the doors.

On the topic of wind noise..................cars that have moonroofs will always have more wind noise if you keep the shade inside the car open, closing the shade will reduce the noise. My old Sentra SE had a moonroof and keeping the shade closed reduces the wind noise quite a bit vs. keeping it open. Also any car doing highway speeds (over 100km/h) will have wind noise even if there's no wind outside it isn't more just because it's a CX3.

Tony

T. Chan
17 CX-3 GS AWD
10 Suzuki SX4 6sp AWD
09 Z06
13 GT500

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode