LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 Old 10-17-2016, 07:04 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 399 Post(s)
Garage
New CX-3 revisions

It was Deep Blue, over on the UK forum that found this little gem. The CX-3 is about to get some quite interesting revisions;

"The CX-3 gets even more subtle changes – the base XD model now has LED headlights and 18-inch wheels, the same as the rest of the lineup. Both cars receive the new Machine Grey Metallic paint option that debuted on the CX-9, along with Eternal Blue Mica. The 2 also gains new Deep Crimson Mica and Sonic Silver Metallic options, while the CX-3 gets Snowflake White Pearl Mica for the first time.

Inside, both the 2 and the CX-3 benefit from a new, thinner three-spoke steering wheel, along with a revised instrument cluster that is clearer and more legible. Also added is a new full-colour head-up display, along with an optional 10-way power-adjustable driver’s seat with memory function (which also saves the positioning and brightness of the HUD), a steering wheel heater and auto-folding wing mirrors on the CX-3.”

There are new exterior and interior colours/colors too like this new silver grey/gray;

.....and this brown interior;

Have a read...........

Mazda 2 and CX-3 updated with G-Vectoring Control

Currently CX5 SportNav 2.2 diesel automatic and AWD.
Formerly CX3 SportNav 1.5 diesel automatic and AWD.

All advice is given in good spirit and taken entirely at the readers own risk. WORK SAFELY. ©2016 anchorman

“.........and another thing"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 Old 10-17-2016, 07:19 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
I think that new heated wheel looks thicker, not thinner and you guys get that memory seat you long for.

All advice is given in good spirit and taken entirely at the readers own risk. WORK SAFELY. ©2016 anchorman

post #3 of 25 Old 10-17-2016, 07:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Huh. I'm going in to purchase a CX-3 tomorrow afternoon... are these changes happening only in Japan as of November 17th? Or will they be sold here? Hmmm.

Because these sound cool: "...optional 10-way power-adjustable driver’s seat with memory function (which also saves the positioning and brightness of the HUD), a steering wheel heater and auto-folding wing mirrors on the CX-3."

2017 CX-3 Touring (Soul Red)
Hobby1: Begging Mazda to make CX-3 w/ manual transmission in USA.
Hobby2: Accepting failure.

post #4 of 25 Old 10-17-2016, 08:26 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
Huh. I'm going in to purchase a CX-3 tomorrow afternoon... are these changes happening only in Japan as of November 17th? Or will they be sold here? Hmmm.

Because these sound cool: "...optional 10-way power-adjustable driver’s seat with memory function (which also saves the positioning and brightness of the HUD), a steering wheel heater and auto-folding wing mirrors on the CX-3."
It's really frustrating when this happens. My guess is that, as usual there will be regional differences to the actual specs but they will largely apply to all markets. It's up to you as to what you do. You could talk to the dealer but they are instructed to vehemently deny such revisions but some will come clean and some might be OK with you postponing your purchase. Any of the US guys got any comments on what Sarah should do? Try and base them on fact or experience please.

post #5 of 25 Old 10-17-2016, 08:32 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
If Mazda puts a turbo on this thing, I'm going to really sad I didn't wait.
post #6 of 25 Old 10-17-2016, 09:28 PM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Garage
It will be interesting to see how these changes flow down into other markets, the car is already selling so well here! That brown interior looks amazing.

Mazda CX-3 S-Touring Deep Crystal Blue 6MT
post #7 of 25 Old 10-17-2016, 10:10 PM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Garage
A full color HUD sounds great (though I like the information displayed, the monochromatic, 80's blue color looks rather dated). Why the slimmer steering wheel? As Anchorman points out, it looks the same, but I enjoy the thickness of mine (it is actually better than my '13 MS3, which did not even have the - don't know what they are called - "bulges" at 10:00 and 2:00). Then again, I have big hands and appreciate the larger diameter. A distinct improvement would be a flat bottom steering wheel. Though there is always room for improvement, I find the instrument cluster is just fine and, at this price, could care less about power seats or folding mirrors (in Texas we have parking spaces to accommodate giant trucks - and those compensating...).

'16 Meteor Gray Mica FWD GT
post #8 of 25 Old 10-17-2016, 10:26 PM

OH MY STARS: Is this saying the CX-3 will be available with a MANUAL TRANSMISSION? When they say "in Japan," they mean it's manufactured there and then shipped to my greedy hands in Philadelphia, right?

"In Japan, the Mazda 2 soldiers on with the same 93 PS/123 Nm 1.3 litre direct-injected SkyActiv-G petrol engine and 105 PS/250 Nm 1.5 litre SkyActiv-D turbodiesel; the CX-3 is only available with the latter. Both are matched to a choice of six-speed SkyActiv-MT manual and SkyActiv-Drive automatic gearboxes, and are available in either front-wheel drive or all-wheel drive forms."

Last edited by Sarah; 10-17-2016 at 10:58 PM. Reason: bold letters yay!
post #9 of 25 Old 10-17-2016, 10:30 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
OH MY STARS: Is this saying the CX-3 will be available with a MANUAL TRANSMISSION? When they say "in Japan," they mean it's manufactured there and then shipped to my greedy hands in Philadelphia, right?

"In Japan, the Mazda 2 soldiers on with the same 93 PS/123 Nm 1.3 litre direct-injected SkyActiv-G petrol engine and 105 PS/250 Nm 1.5 litre SkyActiv-D turbodiesel; the CX-3 is only available with the latter. Both are matched to a choice of six-speed SkyActiv-MT manual and SkyActiv-Drive automatic gearboxes, and are available in either front-wheel drive or all-wheel drive forms."
Sarah, if I could have a special one off US model with a manual transmission made I would but in reality, I suspect that is one of those regional differences I spoke about. Don't change your signature just yet
Sarah likes this.

Last edited by anchorman; 10-18-2016 at 06:31 AM.
post #10 of 25 Old 10-17-2016, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anchorman View Post
Sarah, if I could have a special one off US model with a manual transmission made I would but in reality, I suspect that is one of those regional differences I spoke about. Don't change your signature just yet

Last edited by anchorman; 10-18-2016 at 06:33 AM.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode